Since 1985, LegalMalpractice.com has evolved into a Professional Standards and Peer Review Organization to the legal services industry. We are a consortium of recognized experts–practicing lawyers, law professors and insurance industry professionals. Our experts serve in legal malpractice, legal ethics, billing and attorney advertising cases throughout the country as consultants, litigation strategy specialists and testifying expert witnesses.
We have established expertise in the business and ethics of law practice, including attorney malpractice, risk reduction and management, professional responsibility and disciplinary proceedings, lawyer advertising and law firm billing disputes.
LegalMalpractice.com provides highly qualified consulting and testifying experts for legal malpractice and related litigation and proceedings.
We also provide experienced arbitrators and certified mediators with vast experience in the area of lawyer malpractice alternate dispute resolution.
LegalMalpractice.com is not a law firm and does not provide legal advice or legal services.
Contact us to see how we can be of service.
BENNETT J. WASSERMAN
Ben Wasserman is the founder of LegalMalpractice.com and serves as its Vice President and General Counsel. Over the past 30 years, he has litigated, arbitrated, mediated and served as consulting and testifying expert in more than 1,000 legal malpractice, legal ethics, law firm billing and lawyer advertising disputes. Litigators representing plaintiffs, as well as Professional Liability Insurance companies and their defense counsel regularly call upon Ben to serve as their strategic consultant and expert witness on liability and causatlon issues in legal malpractice litigation. As a law school faculty member since 1990, he has taught advanced law students and practicing lawyers the law of Lawyer Malpractice.
Separate and apart from his work at LegalMalpractice.com, Ben serves as Chairman of the Legal Malpractice Law department of a prominent law firm, where he prosecutes and defends substantial malpractice claims. Publicly traded and private corporations seek him out when they have been damaged by substandard legal representation or abusive law firm billing practices. He recently achieved for one of his hi-tech publicly traded corporate clients, one of the largest settlements against an international mega law firm. Ben is certified as a Diplomate by the American Board of Professional Liability Attorneys with specialization in Legal Professional Liability and is a Certified Civil Trial Attorney by the New Jersey Supreme Court.
Some of Ben’s other achievements include:
- Lawyer of the Year, New Jersey Law Journal;
- Special Professor of Law in Lawyer Malpractice, Hofstra University Law School;
- Editor in Chief, Legal Malpractice Law Review;
- Lead author, New Jersey Law Journal, Annual Review of N.J. Supreme Court Decisions in Legal Malpractice & Ethics;
- SuperLawyers® (Professional Liabiity)
- Best Lawyers in America® (Legal Ethics & Professional Responsibility and Legal Malpractice Law)
- AV® (the highest) rating from Martindale-Hubbell
- Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers
- Avvo.com rated 10 out of 10 (Superb).
- Admitted to practice in New Jersey, New York and Pennsylvania state courts
- Admitted to U.S. District Courts, Courts of Appeal and the U.S. Supreme Court
- Certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a Civil Trial Lawyer
- Certified as a Diplomate of the American Board of Professional Liability Attorneys, in Legal Professional Liability
- Juris Doctor, cum laude, Hofstra University School of Law (1974)
For Ben’s CV click below: